Mum Gets Boot: Canned

This is the second in a series of four where I used the yellow mum as a working element. Tim Horton coffee can, old fishing boot, and a yellow flower from the nursery; it doesn't take much to have fun. I wish the digitals were better but every computer seems to show things differently so we have to settle for seconds when it comes to true color.
Worked last night on a study of grapes and I think I can get a good painting based on the study. I will try to work more on that piece so I can get a better idea of the whole before I decided to bring it up. For some reason, this morning, the thought of it being overly simple with just grapes in a bowl arose, but then again, I don't think it would be any better if I added another ten objects. After all, it is the whole of the painting that speaks and if the whole is complete the sum of the parts and not the individual parts are of consequence. Whether I cut the pie in 8 pieces or 4 pieces, it's still the same pie when all pieces are on the plate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home