Thursday, May 18, 2006

Barn

Strange night where nothing would work for me. I painted a nice tomatoe but didn't do a background at the same time (big mistake) and when I put i the background the coloring of the tomato when to hell in a basket. I can't believe I did such a boo boo. Oh well, that is what studies are for.
After dinner I did some rework on this piece to correct a few earlier mistakes. For some reason the digital makes the piece harder than it should be. I think it softer in real life. I like the circular movement of the intro orange/yellow in the filed, up the windy path, and then echoed again in the sky movement.
I have a few days off so hopefully we get some nice weather and I can get outside and make a few paintings and gather some material for future works. After all this rain there should be a large mess of bugs buzzing around the tree edges so I would think open fields and or waterways would be a better place to set up. I guess I might even take out my old aluminum and go for a row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home