Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Roadside Sideroad

I did this piece on Saturday past from a photo I took while my wife and I were travelling on Hwy #37 somewhere between Tweed and Perth, Ontario. She had to have a butt and I had to take some pictures. There was a lake off to the side of this but I found the little laneway interesting with last years dead tree garnishing some light. This is 22 x 28 inches on Duron hardboard with acrylic paint.

Last night was a bit of a muddle. I was painting a few strawberries and some icing on a plate but I didn't plan it out regarding background and color and so it was a flop. The berries were very good but the rest was a disaster. Oh well, that is why I practice. All in all, the painting failed but I still had a good evening as I listened to some good music (Carrie Underwood) and ate some good strawberries.

Isn't life strange?
If I have an empty paint container I have to take it to the dangerous substance section of the dump. If I have 100 paintings I have to put them in the general garbage, not the dangerous substance section.


1 Comments:

Blogger kim denise said...

LOL about the dump, Wayne!
Oh yes, and lovely painting. I so admire your disciplined approach to mastering this craft. I'm going to borrow some of your discipline, if you don't mind.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home