The Painter's Bag
This item has been in my pocession for forty-five to fifty years; so long, I can't remember when it came upon the scene. I used it as a play thing as a little kid, a hunting bag as a teen, a fishing bag for many many years, and now as a painting bag. It's held junk, food, fish, small game, and now painting supplies. I know one thing, it will outlive me. They don't make them like this anymore. It's an old army issue and my guess is, it's the U.S. Army as they had a base near the town I grew up in and my dad worked on the American base as a plumber/steamfitter. The letters XIN must belong to the ID system of the soldier who originally owned the bag so I unfaded them a little.
I remember the line from a song that went," ain't it funny, how time just slips away". Dang, that is not so funny because time just moves and ever so quickly; one day you're a kid and next you're a grandpa.
I have not been painting long by painter's standards. I painted for five or six years as a younger man but couldn't get off the ground so I gave it up. About twenty years later I picked it up again. That was about four and a half years ago. I made a concerted effort to not paint realistic but as of the last few months I am making an effort to paint realistc. Isn't life strange.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home